Make Checks Payable to:
- Due to a lot of confusion last year, we are changing our fee payment policy for the tournament. Teams registering to compete this year must certify mail (require a signature upon delivery) a cashier’s check, money order, or check from their school district directly.
Friends of Forensics
Tommie Lindsey, Jr.
James Logan High School
1800 H Street
Union City, CA 94587
(ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED!)
We also wanted to share with you a couple of reminders:
- In order to accommodate all entries, we will be offering Registration on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- We will be using the January Topic for Public Forum and the January/February topic for LD.
- On Thursday, January 14th registration will be open from 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM, in the Pavilion located in the center of the campus, and the first rounds of Debate will start at 4:30 PM.
- Again this year, we will be pre-paneling judges for all events, so please make sure that your judging list entered at Joy of Tournaments is accurate. We will do our best to accommodate the Judging Pool preferences that you indicate for each judge, but feel that it is important to note that judges are not guaranteed to receive ballots for the pools that are indicated. We reserve the right to use any and all judges for any event offered at the tournament, in order to ensure that we stay on schedule. Included in your registration packets will be the individual judging schedules for your registered judges, as last year we received very positive feedback about this system.
- We encourage you to stay on campus. Food will be sold to students in the Student Union cafeteria and available to judges/coaches ONLY in the Pavilion.
- Any questions or concerns should be directed to the information desk, which will be located directly in front of the Pavilion.
- Available bathrooms during the tournament are as follows:
- Girls/Boys Locker Room (near Judges room)
- Staff Lounge bathroom (in Senior Patio)
- Hallway near rooms 6, 63, 71 (Women) & 60, 62, 82 (Men)
- Please pick up out-round trophies in the foyer of the JLHS Center for the Performing Arts (large blue building located near the main parking lot).
- Trophies will be awarded for non-advancing quarterfinalists in Individual Events
- Trophies will be awarded for non-advancing double octofinalists in Debate Events
- Trophies will be available for pick up on Sunday, 1/17 between 12 and 3pm
- Please remind competitors that they are not allowed to be in rooms without a judge present. Any student in violation of this rule will be immediately disqualified.
If you have any suggestions, comments, or recommendations to help us improve the tournament, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com. We are excited you have chosen to compete at our tournament and wish you and your team the best of luck!
Dr. Tommie Lindsey, Jr.
Director of Forensics
James Logan High School